this opportunity is available in our Minneapolis office.
the general office assistant is responsible for all administrative duties while offering assistance to the management and other departments as needed.
essential job functions
- answer phones using a multi-line console, voice mail and paging
- manage front desk administrative duties
- greet visitors while maintaining proper security
- distribute, track and post mail, overnights, packages and faxes
- monitor and maintain adequate inventory of supplies
- order a variety of items; i.e. food for client visits, anniversary gifts, etc.
- setup new hire work spaces and training new hires on phone, voicemails and calendar usage
- managing office equipment, furniture and facilities maintenance
- assisting with quarterly staff meetings
- strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- ability to be a self-starter and work autonomously, as well as be part of a successful team
- passionate about providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- computer skills necessary for normal business matters (Microsoft Suite required)
- ability to respond resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities, and challenges
- ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- ability to respond resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities and challenges
- strong attention to detail
- college degree preferred
- minimum 2 years of experience in administrative or customer service