everyone needs to start somewhere,
and we’re here to give you a running start. Jump into the fundamentals of global relocation with helpful definitions, guides and generally useful information. Seasoned practitioners may even find a tip or two they haven’t seen before.
Got a topic you’d like to suggest? Let us know!
build with the basics
Download all the resources you’ll need to write a smart RFP and understand the full cost of a global relocation program global mobility program, plus access our full library of Relo Tip Tuesday videos for some best-practice morsels.
- 7 Secrets to Implementing a Top-Notch Relocation Program
- 5 Critical Questions Companies Aren’t Asking in Their RFPs
- Setting the Table: How to Ensure the Right RMCs are Included in Your RFP Process
- Preparing for an RFP: Tips for Improved RFP Responses
- Understanding the Cost of Your Mobility Program
Got a topic you’d like to suggest? Let us know!
5 Things Every Recruiter Should
Know About Relocation
Relo Tip Tuesday Video Library
- All Categories
- Cost, Finances and Taxes
- Employee Experience
- Program and Policy
- How can my company provide cost-effective options for small HHG shipments?
- What should recruiters know to successfully partner with mobility teams?
- How can you ensure a smooth implementation with a new relocation management company?
- What should your company know about video surveys?
- What should your company know about doing business in China?
- What is a fapiao — and why is it important to business in China?
- What should your company know when relocating families?
- What should your company consider with group moves?
- What should your company be aware of for relocating renters vs. homeowners?
- What can my company do to make year-end reporting a breeze?
- How can your company support LGBTQ relocating employees?
- How can you use your mobility program to retain high-potential talent?
- How can you use your mobility program to attract high-potential talent?
- How do relocation management companies choose suppliers?
- What should your company know about sending employees to hardship locations?
- What should your company know about managing lump sum relocations?
- What can your company do to help employees with repatriation?
- What’s the difference between a relocation appraisal and a mortgage appraisal?
- What is “local-plus” — and why should your company know the term?
- What’s a payback agreement and why might your company want to use one?
- What should your company be doing to prepare for Brexit?
- What should your company know about international household goods shipping?
- What are some tips for using tiered relocation policies?
- How does the rise of alternative housing options impact your mobility program?
- What metrics should you track in your mobility program?
- What is a GSOE and why is it important to my mobility program?
- Why do companies have service-level agreements in their relocation contracts?
- How are companies using rotational assignments?
- What is the new SOLAS amendment and how could it impact my mobility program?
- What can neuroscience teach us about relocation?
- What are you most passionate about in the relocation industry?
- What can my company do to promote success on international assignments?
- Hypothetically speaking, what is “hypo tax?”
- How do companies choose the best employees for international relocations?
- What security issues should I think about with international relocations?
- What are rotational assignments and how can they benefit my company?
- How can I help my relocating employees deal with culture shock?
- What should my company know about homes going into inventory?
- How do you establish and revise the goods and services differential?
- What are totalization agreements and how do they impact relocation?
- How do relocation companies price their services?
- What’s the art and science behind helping employees price their homes most effectively?
- What’s the relocation timeline the first few days after a job offer has been accepted?
- What are some of the dos and don’ts in the RFP process?
- What is a home housing norm deduction and how is it applied?
- What exactly are destination services?
- What advice would you give a relocating employee who is moving with a pet?
- What are the trends in expatriate assignments?
- What do I need to consider when making changes to relocation and assignment policies?
- Global domestic – what is it, and why is it on the rise?
- What’s the 411 about the core-flex policy approach?
- My employee has damage in their household goods shipment – how can I help?
- What does your mobility program really cost?
- What does the visa immigration process look like for a relocating employee?
- How do I prepare a relocating employee for their time in temporary housing?
- Why does is take 3 days to drive across the U.S., but a household goods shipment takes 10 days?
- Global Compensation Accumulation – What is it?
- What do the new TRID mortgage regulations mean for me?
- What advice would you give a relocating employee when marketing their home for sale?
- What is the best method for calculating gross-up?
- What’s the difference between an EBT and an FBT, and how do I manage them?
- How does corporate culture impact the mobility program?
- What is the difference between valuation and insurance?
- What are the different methods of calculating gross-up?
- What is the difference between direct reimbursement, BVO and AVO?
- What can I do to make moving easier during peak season?